Jewellery Care SuggestionssixD jewellery is made to premium standards, with only the highest quality sterling silver, 14kt gold filled, vermeil techniques. Our pieces are designed and made with a selection of our favourite natural gemstones, however just like your favourite silk slip dresses and designer shoes, all good quality products still need a little bit of tender loving care. Here’s some tips for keeping your precious pieces in good condition.
* Lightly wipe your jewellery with a lens cloth after each wear to remove any unwanted chemicals on the surface of your jewellery.
* Sterling silver pieces requires cleaning with a sterling silver polishing cloth.
* If your jewellery is exposed to salt water, sunscreen or abrasive liquids, wash in warm water using gentle soap, rinse thoroughly and pat dry before storing or wearing again :-)
WHAT TO AVOID
* Avoid impact with hard and abrasive surfaces, including other items of jewellery. This will protect against scratching and chipping.
* Avoid exposing them to strong chemicals like household cleaners, acids, hair colouring products and acetone. These chemicals can permanently dull or discolour our premium finishes.
* Do not spray perfume directly onto or around your jewellery. It is best to apply your cosmetics, moisturisers and hair products before adding your jewellery with clean hands.
* Avoid wearing your jewellery when completing activities such as cleaning, working out, gardening, swimming, painting, and showering. There is the dual threat of damage and loss.
* We suggest keeping them out of water, most especially salt water as this will age the finished surface. If they get exposed, just rinse with warm soapy water, and completely dry the piece with a lens cloth before storage.
* When traveling with jewellery, especially earrings, a soft padded case is recommended for protection against damage.
* Our Matte Black Finish is a special patented process. Under normal wear it will maintain its appearance and integrity for a very long time.
* Our Black Chains go through a number of processes with black oxidation, they may change in appearance over time depending on type of wear and exposure. Depending on how often you wear your piece, the black can wear off at different speeds. To keep your piece looking black longer we recommend you keep it dry and away from perfumes, lotions, acids and abrasive surfaces.
Gemstones are delicate and will chip or shatter on impact with hard surfaces. Please take care when handling and storing.
Please note that stones that break due to mishandling will not be viewed as faulty.
Store your item in a moisture free room, in the box or pouch provided. Moisture and humidity can cause oxidisation and tarnishing, so please avoid storing your jewellery in the bathroom and keep your jewellery away from all sources of direct heat.
All sixD pieces are individually and entirely handmade, therefore each piece is unique and bears original character.
No two pieces are exactly the same. That is the beauty of handcrafted pieces.